I’ve been living in Washington for close to three months, and I have learned a few things about living in Washington.
1) Don’t go shopping at REI during their Anniversary sale. Apparently, people here are WAY more intense on outdoors adventures than in Arizona.
2) People in Washington are very serious about their coffee, and by coffee I mean, you either like Starbucks or Tully’s. There IS a difference.
3) When it’s sunny, EVERYONE goes outside and when it’s raining EVERYONE goes outside. This place is the true definition of Rain or Shine.
4) Investing in a water-proof camera might be a smart idea.
and last but not least,
5) I don’t think I have enough free time to see and do everything there is to see and do in this state. Everywhere I go and everyone I talk to, tell me about “this place” or “that place” or “do this” or “do that”. My list continues to grow longer and longer.
Now to explain.
In no way am I complaining about the amount of things I have been told to see or do. I live for new adventures and am always up for a challenge (and some of the activities are challenging). I would say that if the next few months and years of my life continue to be as amazing as they have been, then my list of things I’ve learned about living in Washington should continue to grow. Plus, my opportunity for professional growth continues to skyrocket towards unlimited heights here in Washington!